Tuesday, January 5, 2016

reflections

2015-12-23 14.12.43

It was raining when we landed in New York and, not surprisingly, humid + warm. We walked out to a sea of cars waiting for passengers. My brother, when he saw us, gave both of us each the biggest hug when we finally found him and we rushed to get the luggage in the car so we could leave the chaos behind.

It's funny, when I sat at my desk or contemplated the trip back home in the few weeks before we left, I missed NY something fierce. I couldn't wait to go back, see my peeps and eat all the food. And yet, once I actually was there, the brisk pace of the city and all of the reasons I couldn't wait to get out came rushing back to me. Sure, I miss my people the most, but I have never been more thankful to call our little place here in Nashville home. Peace and quiet. That's what I savor currently in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment